Dental crowns are one of the most common dental procedures performed by Dr. John and Dr. Jeremi Arroyo in their Washington, DC dental office. Dental crowns can serve both restorative and cosmetic purposes, treating a wide variety of dental concerns and problems. A dental crown is like a “cap” for the tooth, providing strength or reshaping a tooth and often preventing the need for a tooth extraction.
Dr. John and Dr. Jeremi Arroyo may recommend a dental crown for any of the following reasons:
- Replace worn or unsightly metal fillings
- Improve the appearance of stained or discolored teeth
- Correct misshapen or uneven teeth
- Restore tooth cavities or cover teeth after root canal therapy
- Repair cracked, worn or broken teeth
- Restore dental implants
CEREC Same Day Dentistry
Dr. John and Dr. Jeremi Arroyo have incorporated some of the latest dental technology into their Washington, DC dental practice, providing patients with more accurate, timely and lasting dentistry.
CEREC CAD/CAM technology enables them to design, fabricate and place high quality ceramic dental crowns during a single visit to Arroyo Center for Aesthetic Dentistry. Patients can save time and money while receiving prompt dental care for a damaged or decayed tooth.
CEREC uses 3-D imaging and CAD/CAM software to precisely plan and fabricate natural looking dental restorations in just one office visit. A digital impression of your teeth is taken using a high speed laser scanner and instantly sent to a computer to create a 3-D model. Dr. John and Dr. Jeremi Arroyo use this model to design restorations that will fit perfectly and be virtually indistinguishable from neighboring teeth.
The in office milling machine allows Drs. John and Dr. Jeremi to fabricate restorations that were traditionally made in a dental laboratory. In just minutes, the dentist has a high end tooth colored restoration to try on for fit and color. After making any minor adjustments, they will permanently place the restoration and you will be on your way.
Benefits of Same Day Restorative Dentistry
- Highly predictable results – digital software allows for precise treatment planning
- Only one office visit needed – saving you time and money
- Natural looking results – porcelain or composite make for a virtually indistinguishable result
- More comfortable treatment – no messy impression trays or uncomfortable temporaries