Missing teeth should be replaced promptly to avoid the development of more complex dental problems that can limit your treatment options. Washington, DC dentists Dr. John and Dr. Jeremi Arroyo offer several options for teeth replacement including dentures and partials dentures.
Today’s cosmetic dentures offer a more natural and comfortable fit due to advances in materials and treatment planning. During a consultation, your dentist at Arroyo Center for Aesthetic Dentistry will evaluate your dental health and discuss your concerns and goals before recommending the tooth replacement solution best suited to your personal needs and desires.
Types of Dentures
Dr. John and Dr. Jeremi offer both fixed and removable dentures and will work with you to determine which is the best option.
- Partial Denture: this option is like a dental bridge and replaces several missing teeth.
- Full Dentures: used to replace all of a person’s upper or lower teeth.
- Implant Dentures: using a procedure known as “all-on-four”, dentures are permanently attached to the jaw using dental implants.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
Implant dentures have a 95% or better success rate and equally high level of patient satisfaction. While this procedure does require a greater initial investment compared to alternatives like removable dentures or bridges, implant dentures offer the best long term benefits.
- Significant improvement in retention and stability
- Restores normal chewing function, meaning no dietary restrictions
- Improves long term bone retention and health
- Allows patient to speak and smile naturally and comfortably
- No daily glues, adhesives, soaks or rinses