District Dental Solutions would like to welcome our loyal patients back as we resume normal hours of operation. Our top priority is the safety and wellness of our patients, their families, and our staff. We are paying special attention to every detail – from patient arrival, to procedure, to check out – and we are instituting new protocols for all appointments. Below is an outline of these important guidelines.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
We will be contacting patients prior to their appointment to ask the following questions. If the answer to any of these screening questions is “yes”, the patient will need to reschedule their appointment for at least two weeks out.
- Has anyone in your household been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for, or is suspected to have, COVID‐19?
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Do you currently have (or have had in the last three days) a fever of 100.4 or higher or are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness?
We ask that if you have any updated dental insurance or new patient documents, you e-mail them to our office prior to your appointment for processing. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPON ARRIVAL FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please plan to be on time for your scheduled appointment as we will try to minimize the wait time and maintain distancing guidelines.
- Please limit the number of people coming to the dental appointment to the patient only or one parent with a child.
- Everyone entering our dental office will have their temperature taken. If a fever (temperature greater than 100.4 degrees) is present in any patient or accompanying guardian/parent, we must reschedule the appointment(s). Everyone entering our practice will be required to wear a face covering as recommended by the CDC. Please bring your mask or covering with you.
- Upon arrival for an appointment at the building door, please call our main number at 202-955-5787, and a team member will meet you at the outside door.
- While in the office all patients/ guardians/ parents must maintain social distancing from other patients who may be present.
OUR SANITATION PROTOCOLS
- We sanitize our public areas such as waiting room seating, check-in and check-out areas, tables, door handles and other hard surfaces every 30 minutes.
- We thoroughly clean each clinical room including wiping down all potential areas of contact such as doorknobs, chairs, and equipment with medical grade disinfectant wipes between each patient.
- Our team is being vigilant about frequent hand washing and regular use of hand sanitizer between each patient encounter, as is standard for our practice.
- We have doubled down on our training protocols. Doctors, hygienists and clinical staff have been trained in the proper use of personal protective equipment to include masks, shields, goggles, gloves and gowns as per CDC recommendations for direct health care facilities.
- We are taking temperatures 2 times a day for all team members and instruct any team member who presents with a temperature of over 100.4 employee or feels ill to return home.