Dental crowns are a commonly performed, yet commonly misunderstood, dental procedure. When teeth are damaged, cracked, broken, or severely misshapen, crowns are often used to protect the tooth from further damage. Crowns restore the shape and protect the structure of a damaged tooth.
District Dental Solutions is a Washington, DC dentist’s office proudly offering same-day dental crowns using CEREC technology to repair damaged teeth.
How Do Dental Crowns Work?
Dental crowns are cemented to the top of a damaged tooth to protect the sensitive tissue inside. A crown is made of a biocompatible material measured to fit your teeth. It holds the tooth together to preserve as much of the natural tooth structure as possible.
Crowns are strong enough to withstand chewing and normal wear and tear that natural teeth endure. Once a crown is cemented to the tooth, it becomes part of the tooth. You won’t be able to tell it’s there.
When Are Dental Crowns Used?
A dental crown may be recommended or placed for a wide range of reasons:
- After a root canal
- Final restoration of a dental implant
- Discolored tooth
- Misshapen tooth
- Damaged tooth
- Decayed tooth
Same-Day Dental Crowns in Washington, DC
Dental crowns are custom fitted to each patient’s teeth, and in the past had to be designed in a lab. Now, District Dental Solutions offers same day dental crowns, where digital pictures of your mouth and a special machine are used to create the crown for your tooth. This technology is called CEREC and it offers several key benefits:
- CEREC creates high-quality porcelain and zirconia dental crowns for a durable, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing results
- 3-D imagery creates multi-dimensional images of the mouth, allowing the dentist to design the restoration with precision
- Digital impressions provide more accurate treatment planning and less discomfort than traditional methods
- Restorations can be done in a single office visit, eliminating the need for uncomfortable temporary crowns or multiple office visits
Schedule a Consultation
You don’t have to live with discomfort from a damaged tooth. Dental crowns, when created with CEREC, offer you a more comfortable and healthy smile in just one office visit. Schedule a consultation with District Dental Solutions online or call us at (202) 525-6913 today.