Maintaining a proper oral hygiene routine can help you minimize the chance of developing complex dental problems. Sometimes plaque occurs when bacteria in your mouth begins to stick to the tooth enamel. When plaque occurs, it is important to properly remove it from the teeth so that it doesn’t develop into tartar or tooth decay. At District Dental Solutions, general dentists Dr. John Arroyo and Dr. Jeremi Arroyo focus on providing complete dentistry and advanced treatment options for patients with complex problems. Drs. Arroyo and Arroyo also focus on patient education and aim to inform their patients on the proper preventive care measures.
For your convenience, we have listed a few ways to keep your teeth happy and healthy. Practicing excellent oral hygiene does not have to be difficult. Try to follow these key tips to minimize plaque and keep your teeth healthy and functional.
- Integrate flossing into your oral hygiene routine. Flossing helps remove debris that is hiding between the teeth. Tooth decay and cavities can even occur between the teeth, so it is important to use flossing as a preventive measure against plaque.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes a day. Brushing helps remove harmful bacteria that circulate in the mouth.
- Use an ADA approved mouthwash with fluoride. Fluoride has been proven to help fight plaque. You can talk to Drs. Arroyo and Arroyo to determine which product is right for your smile.
- Schedule a preventive care visit with Washington DC dentists Drs. Arroyo and Arroyo. During your routine preventive care visit, Drs. Arroyo and Arroyo will examine your teeth and check for signs of complex dental issues. You will also receive a professional dental cleaning which removed plaque that normal brushing and flossing cannot reach. Drs. Arroyo and Arroyo focus of complete dentistry and take the time to examine your teeth as well as your gums and jaw joint. If complex problems like TMJ or gum disease are present, we are well equipped to offer comprehensive dental treatment to restore the health back to your smile.
During your routine care visits you can expect the following:
- Professional dental cleaning
- Dental x-rays
- Periodontal screening
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Occlusal analysis to examine the position of the bite
If you want to take charge of your oral health, visit our Washington, DC dental office. Drs. Arroyo and Arroyo will take the time to address your dental needs and provide comprehensive dental treatment to improve your smile. Patients can schedule an appointment online.