Crooked teeth (misaligned teeth) is a common dental problem in dentistry. Crooked teeth can cause patients to feel less confident in their smile. Confidence is key to achieving a bright, shining smile. At District Dental Solutions in Washington, DC, we strive to help patients achieve their oral health goals. Patients should be happy to know that we offer a variety of dental options to help align their misaligned teeth.
Causes of Misaligned Teeth
Patients can develop misaligned teeth for a number of different reasons. It is important to determine the root of the issue in order to properly treat your alignment issues. Some of the cause for misaligned teeth include:
- Losing baby teeth too early
- Gum disease
- Injury or trauma to the teeth
Undiagnosed or untreated misaligned teeth can cause patients a great deal of discomfort. Misaligned teeth can also cause patients to feel embarrassed about their smile. Other problems that can derive from tooth alignment issues include:
- Increased chance of getting cavities and tooth decay. Misaligned teeth can sometimes be harder to floss or brush because of their positioning.
- Difficulties chewing or biting
- Uneven pressure on other teeth in the mouth
Treatments for Crooked Teeth
You can treat misaligned teeth with a number of different methods. Depending on what method is right for you, Drs. John and Jeremi Arroyo will skillfully install the appropriate method. At District Dental Solutions, we often recommend the use of Invisalign®. Many patients enjoy the convenience and aesthetic of Invisalign®.
Benefits of Invisalign®
- Time- shorter amount of time needed to align your teeth
- Convenience- patients are able to remove their Invisalign® when necessary
- Aesthetic- the ‘invisible’ look appeals to patients because patients get the benefit of aligned teeth but don’t have the look of braces
- Hygiene- patients are able to brush and floss easily because Invisalign® are removable
If the orthodontia route isn’t right for you, Drs. John and Jeremi Arroyo offer a variety of alignment options for you in their Washington, DC office.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are looking to correct crooked teeth, Washington, DC Dentists Drs. John and Jeremi Arroyo of District Dental Solutions will gladly exam your teeth. Please feel to schedule and appointment online or call (202) 955-5787